Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another man's trash...

My mom had these chairs in her dining room and after several years of fish fries, Thanksgiving dinners, gravy spills and grandkids the beautiful white seats were done. She tried every Martha Stewart and Heloise trick in the book to get the stains off of the seats, but they only seemed to get larger each time. 


My mom has always been the "June Cleaver" type, and once she makes up her mind it is DONE! She decided she wanted to replace the chairs with something more lightweight and WITHOUT cloth covered cushions. She grew to loath these chairs, so she was just going to haul them to the dump!


I could see past the stains and I offered to recover them for her, but her mind was made up. Knowing there was no changing her mind I did the next best thing and offered to take them off of her hands...  


 Before...

First one done...

Taaa Daaaa!


I know what you are thinking, and yes, I did offer to give them back to her when I was done. She saw them, but she'd already gone out and purchased 6 new cushion less chairs, and told me to keep them. =)  Not bad for $1.25 per yard on the clearance rack at Walmart, huh?! I think I spent about $10 on Scotch Guard to help protect them and prolong their life. 

Isn't it amazing the things that people will throw away?  

No comments:

Post a Comment